Mateus has earned a reputation of his own by racking up wins at a variety of international events
- January 5th, 2001
Born to a well-known surfing family in Florianopolis, Mateus has earned a reputation of his own in the surf world. He’s won a variety of international events, including the 2015 TCT World Championships at Lower Trestles, and released a handful of must-watch edits from trips all over the globe. His surfing is fast, fiery and futuristic and it keeps on getting better and better.
• World Juniors Championships – 5th, Durban Pro Junior – Champion, Vans Pro Junior Virginia Beach – Champion, RDS Pro Junior Brazil – Champion
• Surfer Magazine’s Hot 100 – Ranked 2nd top amateurs globally. Ranked 2nd in the Pro Junior Division in South America. Magazine cover
– Revista Hardcore – Brazil at 15 years old.
• Surfer Magazine’s Hot 100 – Ranked 15th top amateurs globally. Volcom Global TCT – Juniors division champion. Surfing Magazine “Grom Games”
– Placed 4th as the top best groms in the world.
Bio copy courtesy of Quiksilver, Inc.